If I were to tell you that there is an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game for the uninitiated) that you could play in your web browser, would that interest you? What if that MMO was also a 2.5-D, sidescrolling, rogue-like, platformer. Ok, that is literally the longest genre title anyone could imagine. It is also what StarBreak is.
- Dozens of players fight together co-operatively online
- Procedurally generated maps are different every time
- Skill-based gameplay
- 4 Character Classes with unique play styles
- 200+ items with countless numbers of variants
- 7+ Diverse Environments with distinct and challenging enemies
- Epic Boss Battles
- Original Soundtrack
- Native Gamepad Support
So you have tons of people jumping around, shooting enemies, searching for loot, in a randomly generated world. This honestly couldn’t be more awesome. StarBreak has been recently Greenlit by the Steam community and has a beta available now. The only potential downfall in sight is yet another Free-2-play online game with microtransactions. The silver lining being that all transactions will NOT be a pay to win situation.