Are you a huge nerd? Do you love video games, board games, miniatures, movies, music, or technology? We would love for you to join the NerdLife team. NerdLife’s mission is to create a thriving community of gamers, fans, and friends all sharing a common goal, to promote an inclusive environment to spread our love of everything Nerd.
We are an established site that has been creating content for over 5 years. We push to bring our readers new and different content that will keep bringing readers back. We create original web shows, podcasts, how-to videos and articles, video game reviews, product reviews, movie reviews, tabletop and board game reviews, and are continuing to expand on a regular basis.
We are constantly looking for new staff members to expand our ever-growing family. If this sounds like something that would fit your passion, check to see if we have a position open that would fit your talents and submit an application!
Working for NerdLife is a very rewarding, enjoyable, and beneficial experience. We are looking for staff of all skill levels, interests, and backgrounds. If you don’t have a journalism background, have limited experience, or would like to take your interests and experience something new, that is great. Submit your resume. We would love to consider you for a position. Along with a position at NerdLife you can expect the following:
- You will develop great relationships with amazing people that share similar ideals and interests as you. This isn’t just a fly-by-night website. We have been doing this for over 5 years and we have developed an amazing community and core staff that operates like a family.
- Anything that you are given to review is yours! If you review a game, watch a movie, or test out a product that is yours to keep. We get tons of free things on a regular basis from creators, publishers, developers, and companies. Free things are always the best things.
- The experience that you will gain from working for NerdLife is invaluable. Our staff come from all walks of life and are here to help you and teach you. Your experiences will not only help you improve your writing and speech skills but you will also pick-up design, audio, video, web, and marketing skills to go along with everything else. All improving you on a personal and professional level.
- Exposure. As you work at NerdLife you will be exposed to our entire community of loyal fans that could intern help expose your personal brand. Great for everyone breaking into podcasting, video development, design, or streaming.
- We regularly reward our top writers with t-shirts, games, and gift cards for creating content that performs above and beyond expectations. Write an awesome article that gets lots of attention and you could win prizes. Bring in more subscribers than anyone else while streaming? Yep, you are looking at loot!
- Finally, you will have the opportunity to obtain press passes to the coolest events, conventions, and festivals.
So what do I need to apply?
For all applicants we only ask that you fill out an application for the position that you are interested in, tell us a little about yourself, and submit a resume and 2 example pieces for consideration. Once we receive your application, our leadership team will review your work, and then our Managing Editor (Nick) will get in contact with you for a quick online meeting.
We ask that all staff be able to write in a positive and natural voice. All staff must be able to meet on a regular, usually monthly basis. All staff are asked to have an understanding of writing interesting content for the web. No prior experience is necessary, but it does help.
Responses usually take between 1-2 weeks.